Monday 16 March 2015


Melasma, also know as chloasma, appears as a blotchy, brownish pigmentation on the face that develops slowly and fades with time. The pigmentation is due to overproduction of melanin by the pigment cells (melanocytes). 


What causes melasma?

There is a genetic predisposition to melasma. Triggers include: Pregnancy – the pigment often fades a few months after delivery Hormonal contraceptives, including oral contraceptive pills and injected progesterone Sun exposure Scented or deodorant soaps, toiletries and cosmetics – a phototoxic reaction Unknown factors, when it arises in apparently healthy, normal non-pregnant women.

Clinical features

Melasma usually affects women; (only one in twenty affected individuals are male). It generally starts between the age of 30 and 40. It is more common in people that tan well or have naturally dark skin compared with those who have fair skin.
Melasma typically affects the forehead, cheeks and upper lips resulting in macules (freckle-like spots) and larger patches. Occasionally it spreads to involve the sides of the neck, and a similar condition may affect the shoulders and upper arms.
On the face it tends to occur in three patterns;
1. Both sides of the face, patches on the cheeks, forehead, nose, upper lip and chin (centro facial)
2. Cheeks and nose (malar)
3. Sides of the face, along the jaw line (mandibular)
Melasma is sometimes separated into epidermal (skin surface), dermal (deeper) and mixed types. Epidermal melasma which is more superficial tends to have well defined borders, is darker brown in colour and becomes highlighted under black light illumination.
 Epidermal melasma tends to respond better to treatment than dermal melasma which is lighter brown in colour. Mixed melasma which comprises a combination of light and brown patches improves with treatment but not as much as epidermal melasma.

Treatment

  • Harsh treatments may result in irritation and even contact dermatitis, which can result in post-inflammatory pigmentation.
  • Discontinuing hormonal contraception.
  •  Use a broad-spectrum very high protection factor sunscreen of reflectant type and apply it to the whole face.
  • This needs to be undertaken cautiously as damage to the melanocytes may increase pigment production and darken the melasma.
Unfortunately, even in those that get a good result from treatment, pigmentation may reappear on exposure to summer sun and/or because of hormonal factors.

HOMEOPATHY remedies help in total cure & no recurrence.
following are..

1. pulsatilla
2. sepia
3. natrum mur
4. iganatia
5.cimcifuga
6. nitric acid
7. graphitis

please take medicine under care of homeopathic practitioner. its mandatory because potency, repetition, miasm and constitutional consideration have important role in total effective,safe cure.

2 comments:

  1. I’m here to testify about what Dr James did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and itching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it really helped during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from Dr James herbal mix and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 15 days of using Dr James herbal medicine. I'm here to let y'all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr James herbal medicine. I came across a testimony of Kasha, on the internet testifying about Dr James , on how he cured Him from 7 years HSV 2. And He also gave the email address of this man... [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com]..., advising anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help with, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I'm going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him. I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr James prepared and sent me his herbal medicine made of roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after 15 days I drank his herbal medicine, I was totally cured. no more itching , pain on me anymore as Dr James assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test. the result came out negative. So friends my advice is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like Melasma, Shingles, HPV, HBV, HIV/AIDS, ALS, HBP, CANCER,NEPHROTIC SYNDROME HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,Backache,dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN . , etc. you can contact Dr James directly on his.... [drjamesherbalmix@gamil.com]... He is a good man,and He will help you

    ReplyDelete